News@Noon for Dec. 31, 2014
January 2, 2015 - fall Denim
© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents a News@Noon for Dec. 31, 2014:
The latest news – Zip backing in Vegas, a prohibited atmosphere ballon float in Lancaster, mountainous in a glider above Tehachapi and skydiving in Taft all sound like a bucket list. To Tehachapi proprietor Dolores Barton, it was celebrating her 80th birthday and a jump of faith. HERE
Stories recently posted to a website that might seductiveness you:
Don’t skip a news and underline stories in this week’s Tehachapi News — accessible in stores and silver machines around city or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The open reserve news is formed on a ask to have information from a several agencies any weekday morning, covering a duration given a final contact. We conclude those agencies that are assisting us move we a News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of trade stops, walking checks and other activities but sum have been separated from a reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Tehachapi Police Department has dropped promulgation a daily military logs. Instead, it will emanate a weekly news of any vital arrests or incidients and will emanate press releases on vital issues.
Bear Valley Police Department:
None during this time.
Kern County Sheriff’s Office:
No information during this time.
Today: A slight possibility of flurries before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high nearby 34. East breeze around 5 mph apropos northwest in a morning
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Calm breeze apropos easterly around 5 mph after midnight.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high nearby 40. Southeast breeze 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 30. East southeast breeze 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
• VFW Post #5948 will horde a New Years Eve Party with live party from 7 p.m. to midnight, Dec. 31. Open to a open and potluck welcome.
• The Oak Branch Saloon will underline Denim personification in a accepting area on New Year’s Eve, with New York as a theme. For sheet sales to a cooking dance, call 821-5521.
• Souza Winery will benefaction dual “Celebrity Bartender for Charity” events any month. Come out and suffer some smashing wines and have a good time while assisting several charities. Sunday, Dec. 28, from 2 to 5 p.m. — Celebrity Susan Wiggens will be lifting income for Links for Life.
• Continuing by Dec. 31, Tehachapi Treasure Trove will reason a Holiday Bazaar featuring tables full of fun and innovative holiday gifts and ideas. Come see what thelocal artisans have to offer.
• Triassic Legacy Vineyards will horde a harangue array entitled “Winter Wednesdays” on a second Wednesday of any month, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Lectures will be hold on Jan. 13, Feb. 11 and Mar 11. A opposite guest orator will be featured any month. Guests are speedy to move an unwrapped fondle to be donated to a Tehachapi area encourage caring module Koinonia Family Services. Refreshments will be served.
• The American Legion Auxiliary is collecting names for their annual “Packages to a Troops” project. Do we have a family member or crony that is now overseas, on a boat or distant from home? For a past 8 years, American Legion Auxiliary Tehachapi Unit 221 has sent Christmas packages to heroes portion overseas. Besides an array of toiletries, snacks, books and food items, a American Legion sends Christmas Trees and all a decorations. For some-more information, or to contention names and addresses, email: email@example.com or call 822-1014.
• The Tehachapi Branch of a Kern County Library will underline a following activities during a month of December: 1) Preschool Story-time, Fridays during 10 a.m.; 2) American Sign Language, Mondays, children/teens during 4:30 p.m., adults during 5:30 p.m.; The Library will be sealed Dec. 24, 25 and 31, and Jan. 1. For some-more information, call 822-4937.
• Christian Life Assembly, located during 920 W. Valley Blvd., will offer a new service, sixthreeO, on Wednesday nights, during 6:30 p.m. The use will embody a kids module for children age birth by 12th grade. Regular Sunday services will also continue during 9 and 10:30 a.m. For some-more informaiton, call 822-3813 or revisit a website during clatehachapi.com.
• Mountain Bible Church, located during 630 Maple St., will horde a following activities this fall: 1) Christmas Eve Worship Service, Dec. 24, from 7 to 8 p.m.; 2) Youth Group meets any Wednesday during 6 p.m. For some-more information, hit a MBC bureau during 822-7541.
• Tehachapi Mountain Vineyard, located during 502 W. Pinon, will horde High School Youth Groups on Wednesday evenings during 6:30 p.m. and Sundays during 11 a.m. Contact a TMV bureau during 822-9313 to register or for some-more information.
• The Tehachapi Nar-Anon Family Support Group will accommodate any Tuesday from 6 to 7 p.m., during a Tehachapi Community Congregational Church, in a Fellowship Hall, 100 E. “E” St. The organisation is for people influenced by someone else’s drug addiction. As a 12-step program, a organisation offers pity of experience, strength and hope. Call 822-1255.
ITEMS FOR UPCOMING should be submitted by noon any Wednesday for a following week’s edition. Items are run during no assign on a space-available basis. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org or dump by a office, 411 N. Mill St., Tehachapi. We suggest that we call 822-6828 to endorse receipt if promulgation by email.
Bear Valley CSD
All meetings are hold during 28999 South Lower Valley Road.
• Board meets during 6 p.m. on Jan. 8 and 6 p.m. on Jan. 22.
Tehachapi Unified School District
Meetings take place during Claude L. Wells Center, 300 South Robinson St.
• Board of curators meets during 6 p.m. on Jan. 13.
Tehachapi City Council
Meetings are hold during 300 South Robinson Street.
• The Jan. 5 legislature assembly has been cancelled, as of Dec. 31.
• Council meets during 6 p.m. on Jan. 19.
Tehachapi Cummings Water District
Meetings are hold during 22901 Banducci Road.
Mountain Meadows CSD
Meetings are hold during a district office, 17980 Highline Rd.
Golden Hills CSD
Meetings are hold during a district office, 21415 Reeves St.
• Board meets during 9 a.m. on Jan. 3.
SPORTS THIS WEEK
• Boys Basketball — Varsity during Garces High School Holiday Hoops Challenge Jan. 2-3.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICE
Tehachapi News will be sealed on Jan. 1 for New Year’s Day holiday. The subsequent News@Noon will be published on Jan. 2, 2014. Have a protected and Happy New Year.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for a News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com