Prada Made Us Fall in Love With Fashion All Over Again
February 26, 2016 - fall Denim
We’re recapping a 5 favorite moments from any day of Milan Fashion Week. Below: a best, prettiest, and weirdest things we saw on Day One.
1. PRADA. Read this in a Stefon voice: Prada. Prada. Praaaaaaaaaaaaada. It. Had. Everything. Denim, soldier hats, brocades churned with florals, Stella Tennant, song by PJ Harvey and Nico, and a owner of Instagram in a audience. We could substantially list about 25 things we desired from this show, though afterwards we’d have to call this underline “25 Things We Loved,” and not embody anything else. But sufficient it to contend that this was a kind of uncover that creates even cloyed editors think, Ah, this is because we adore fashion.
2. Dinner: Antica Trattoria della Pesa. This old-school Italian dilemma is not a standard conform spot. While a few savvier foodie editors and retailers might be dining during a dilemma table, one does not go here to be seen; one goes to eat. Their osso buco is a things Milanese drivers rush about: Slathered in a delicious gravy over saffron risotto, it’s a kind of plate we splurge for, with a large potion of Barolo. Clubby dim timber interiors and white tablecloths make a place as authentic as they come, though should we hanker for an artichoke salad Stateside, there is an outpost in Williamsburg.
3. Milan Fashion Week Survival Guide. If you’re looking for a best approach to know Milan, American-born JJ Martin has put together the ultimate guide. Her years of vital as an expat essay for hipster-luxe transport and pattern repository Wallpaper have done her an consultant on all things stylish and patterned and Italian. Highlights embody interviews with internal conform stars, like Damir Doma giving tips for slicing a line: “You have to scream and pull your approach to a front to get what we want.” Or a best place to buy white underwear, according to stylist Viviana Volpicella (a travel marketplace in Piazza San Marco in Brera). Our favorite tip was Foto Veneta Ottica, a eyeglass store where we can find selected ’60s moth frames.
4. Moschino. God magnify Jeremy Scott for his literalness. In a universe packaged with treacherous metaphors, Scott only grabs a thesis and GOES. It was fun to watch a certain French EIC and her conform executive remove their minds over this show. We even overheard them workshopping probable headlines for their illusory stories. Picture conference “Burning Mannnnn!” in a thick, giggly French accent. Scott’s iPhone cases are always a prominence of a week and this season’s container of cigarettes was no exception. Fashion Kills.
5. The coats during MaxMara. Ruffles and intricately festooned gowns might be prohibited topics of Milan conform (ahem, Gucci), though we got only as vehement over a few elementary good coats. Case in point, a MaxMara show. Known for camel coats, a code enclosed options of a tack directed to please: Nubby toppers and tailored cashmeres walked a runway. For menswear enthusiasts, there were gray checked sweepers. And for street-stylers embracing color, a sky-blue hairy cloak with panels of striking stripes.